National Conference: Apply for a Travel Stipend Today!Fair Trade Towns & Universities National Conference Friday – Sunday, September 9 – 11, 2011 The Hub Conference Center, Philadelphia, PA
We know that attending a conference can sometimes be a burden on a volunteer’s pocket, so we are pleased to be able to offer financial assistance for the Fair Trade Towns & Universities National Conference this September to allow campaign leaders, organizers and volunteers to offset costs of travel, meals and accommodations. Remember: registration for the conference is FREE and includes dinner Friday evening, as well as breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
It’s easy to apply! First, you must register for the event. Then, decide how much assistance you need in one or all categories and we’ll authorize your request within a week of submission or let you know if we have any questions. Here are some things to consider:
- Financial assistance is limited and available on a case-by-case basis. Please be considerate in your request!
- We have discounted rooms on block at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. Reserve a room online here or call 1-800-228-9290 and reference the Fair Trade Towns & Universities Conference. Rooms are available at the discounted rate of $109.00/night (this does not include tax), and a maximum of 4 people can occupy a room. As you consider your stipend please keep costs low and coordinate room shares.
- Need to find someone to share a room with?
- Post a comment below and indicate your name and contact information, as well as how many vacancies or occupants you’re looking for.
- “Like” the Fair Trade Towns or Fair Trade Universities facebook page and click the “Discussions” application on the left hand side of the page. Enter the discussion by clicking “National Conference Room Share.” Be sure to indicate your name and contact information, as well as how many vacancies or occupants you’re looking for.
How do I apply for a Travel Stipend?