Go Bananas for Fair Trade: BananaGram Challenge & Campaign Resources
The BananaGram Challenge
We need your help rallying consumers to purchase and demand Fair Trade bananas!
We’re making it fun, rewarding and effective for everyone! This October, Fair Trade campaigners and conscious consumers will take photos and collect BananaGrams (product request cards) all month long at events for a chance to win cool prizes! Each campaign will tally up the number of BananaGrams collected and send in their photos to enter the BananaGram Challenge. The campaign with the most BananaGrams wins the grand prize.
The campaign with the most BananaGrams wins a $500 gift certificate to Whole Foods Market
10 campaigns with the most creative photos using Bananas/Bananagrams as the main prop will win a Fair Trade gift basket
How Do I Enter?
The goal of this challenge is to get your supermarket or food service provider to carry Fair Trade bananas. You’ll demonstrate demand by collecting BananaGrams (product request cards) and handing them off to the appropriate person at your grocery store or cafeteria. Here’s how to enter:
- Decide who your target(s) grocery store or Food Service Provider is
- Notify the buyer or manager that your drumming up support from the community
- Host and participate in events to collect signed BananaGrams and photos from community members
- Present BananaGrams to the supermarket manager or Food Service Provider
- Submit your best photos and report back to Fair Trade Campaigns with your BananaGrams Tally
Campaign Resources: Coming in August!
- Campaign Toolkit (complete with event ideas as well as tips for working with your food service provider or supermarket)
- Template Event Poster
- Facebook Timeline Photo
- Web Banner
- Template Event Press Release
- Sample Social Media Posts
- BananaGrams (Product Request Cards)
- Banana Recipes