Fair Trade Photofest 2015
Win a Trip to Mexico!
In honor of Fair Trade Month, we’ll be hosting a photo contest that showcases America’s love for Fair Trade products! The 2015 Fair Trade Photofest begins October 1st and runs through October 31st.
To enter the contest, post a photo of a Fair Trade product directly to Fair Trade Campaigns’ Facebook timeline or PUBLICLY on your personal Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FTCampaigns.
Win $150 Prize Pack! Each of the first three weeks of October will have a theme, starting with “Fair Trade in Action!” The photo with the most votes each week wins a Fair Trade Prize Pack full of goodies and gift cards!
Win a Trip to Mexico to Visit Farmers & Artisans! During the fourth week, new entries, plus the top 3 photos from weeks 1 through 3 will be voted on for the best overall photo. The top two winners of “Best Overall Photo” will win a Fair Trade Trip to Mexico.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Take a photo each week with a Fair Trade Product according to the themes listed below.
- Post photos directly on Fair Trade Campaigns’ Timeline or publicly to your personal Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram page using the #FTCampaigns hashtag.
- Share your photo entry from the photostream on Fair Trade Campaigns’ Facebook page with friends, family and colleagues via social media or email. Encourage them to vote and increase your chances of winning a trip to Mexico!
WHO CAN ENTER:
Anyone who takes a photo with a Fair Trade product using the #FTCampaigns hashtag on their personal Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page will be entered in the contest! NOTE: You must post directly to Fair Trade Campaigns’ Facebook timeline or PUBLICLY. Check your settings on Facebook and Instagram before posting.
- Week 1 (October 1 – 7) – Fair Trade in Action! Take your beloved Fair Trade product on an adventure. Head to yoga class or your favorite trail NOW and snap a photo of what keeps you going! (Examples: Inspiring shots on the go such as hiking or yoga class)
- Week 2 (October 8 – 14) – Why Choose Fair? Draw an inspiring picture or take an meaningful photo. In the caption, tell us why Fair Trade matters to you. Best caption wins. (Examples: local farmer in field, mom with child, sign promoting workplace safety)
- Week 3 (October 15 – 21) – Fair Trade Cuties: Find a cute kiddo or furry friend and snap a photo with your favorite Fair Trade product! (Examples: photos with babies, pets, or other adorable creatures)
- Week 4 (October 22 – 31) – Best Overall Photo: During the fourth week, new entries, plus the top 3 photos from weeks 1 through 3 will be voted on for the best overall photo. The top two winners of “Best Overall Photo” will win a trip to Mexico. (Examples: use any of the themes above or get creative and outside the box!)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Please click here for Fair Trade Photofest 2015 terms and conditions.
This week’s theme is “Why Choose Fair”. Scroll down to VIEW entries and VOTE on the BEST CAPTION by clicking the white box labeled “vote” on each photo! The photo with the most votes wins a Fair Trade Prize Pack full of Fair Trade goodies and gift cards!
*NOTE: When clicking on photo entries to enlarge and read caption, be sure to scroll to the top of the photostream to view photo. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Find Fair Trade Products:
There is a HUGE selection of Fair Trade products available online and in almost every retail outlet across the country.
Look For These Labels:
We recognize 3rd party certification and verification systems because they hold businesses accountable to their commitments, and provide others with a voice. Learn more about Fair Trade Organizations in the US below.
Fair Trade USA:
Fair Trade Federation:
IMO – Fair for Life:
Fair Trade Product ListDownload
Global Exchange is an international human rights organization dedicated to promoting social, economic, and environmental justice around the world and has been a long time leader in the Fair Trade movement.
We are honored to sponsor this year’s Fair Trade Photofest and to offer two winners of the Best Overall Photo the option to join one of the following Global Exchange Reality Tours*:
- Chiapas, Mexico – Join Global Exchange for 9 days as we learn about what has motivated popular movements in Mexico. Examine the recent history of the Chiapas region and hear about challenges facing the struggle for indigenous autonomy. Explore community life and the production process of Fair Trade coffee, tea and artisan crafts.
- Oaxaca, Mexico – Join us for 9 days on a very special Reality Tour to Oaxaca, Mexico during the annual Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos celebration. Dating back to the Aztecs, this celebration is a family event to remember departed souls and to celebrate the resurrection of their spirits. Explore community life and the production process of Fair Trade coffee, tea and artisan crafts.
Global Exchange Reality Tours has a vision that meaningful, socially responsible travel, can and does, change the world. By offering experiential educational tours, Reality Tours has connected people to issues, issues to movements, and movements to social change.
These personal connections have crossed borders, empowered local communities, and made a difference in human lives.
*Airfare, lodging, meals and all programmatic fees will be covered by Fair Trade Campaigns.
Win a Prize Pack full of Fair Trade Goodies!
- Noonday Collection
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Laughing Man Coffee
- Naked Juice
- Caleb’s Cola
- Unreal Candy
- Badger Balm
- Endangered Species Chocolate
- Nature’s Path