Fair Trade Photofest 2016
Win a Trip to South America!
In honor of Fair Trade Month, we’re hosting a photo contest that showcases America’s love for Fair Trade products! The 2016 Fair Trade Photofest begins October 1st and runs through October 28th.
To enter the contest, post a photo of a Fair Trade product directly to Fair Trade Campaigns’ Facebook page (FB only) or PUBLICLY on your personal Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FTCampaigns.
Win a $150 Fair Trade Prize Pack! Each week of October will have a theme, starting with “Fair Trade Cuties.” The photo with the most votes each week wins a Fair Trade Prize Pack full of goodies and gets entered to win the grand prize trip to South America!
Win a Trip to South America to Visit Farmers & Artisans! The top three photos with the most votes from weeks 1 – 4 will be brought to a judging panel and selected for “Best Overall Photo.” Two winners of “Best Overall Photo” will win a Fair Trade Trip to South America during Summer 2017. Winners will be announced on November 1st.
NOTE: You must use #FTCampaigns for your photo to qualify. You must post directly to Fair Trade Campaigns’ Facebook page for your photo to be entered via Facebook (Twitter & Instagram — personal pages are fine). Individuals are only eligible to win one prize pack once but can enter each week for up to four chances to win the grand prize.
Promote the Fair Trade Photofest on social media, click here for sample posts and graphics.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Take a photo each week with a Fair Trade product according to the themes listed below.
- Post photos directly on Fair Trade Campaigns’ Facebook page or publicly to your personal Twitter or Instagram page using the #FTCampaigns hashtag.
- Share your photo entry from the photostream on Fair Trade Campaigns’ Facebook page with friends, family and colleagues via social media and encourage them to vote!
WHO CAN ENTER:
Anyone who takes a photo with a Fair Trade product and shares it using the #FTCampaigns hashtag on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram will be entered in the contest!
NOTE: You must post directly to Fair Trade Campaigns’ Facebook timeline or PUBLICLY on your own Twitter or Instagram account. On Facebook, make sure the privacy setting on your post is set to ‘public’ and on Instagram, go to ‘edit profile’ and make sure that your profile is not set to private.
- Week 1 (October 1 – 7) – Fair Trade Cuties! Find a cute kiddo or furry friend and snap a photo with your favorite Fair Trade product! (Examples: babies, pets or other adorable creatures.)
- Week 2 (October 8 – 14) – Where’s the Fair? Where do you find Fair Trade in your community, on your campus or in your daily life? (Examples: Fair Trade products on the shelf at your local supermarket, in the dining hall or dishes made with Fair Trade ingredients.)
- Week 3 (October 15 – 21) – Fair Trade in Action: Take your beloved Fair Trade product on an adventure. Head to yoga class or hit your favorite trail and snap a photo of what keeps you going! (Examples: Inspiring on-the-go shots such as yoga class or hiking.)
- Week 4 (October 22 – 28) – Share the Fair: Share your favorite Fair Trade products with family and friends. If you’re part of a Fair Trade campaign in your community, get your team together for a group shot! (Examples: Sharing a cup of Fair Trade coffee with a friend, or enjoying Fair Trade snacks with your fellow campaigners.)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Please click here for the 2016 Photofest Terms and Conditions.
The Fair Trade Photofest starts October 1st!
Scroll down to VIEW entries and VOTE for your favorite photo by clicking the white box labeled “vote” on each photo! The photo with the most votes wins a Fair Trade Prize Pack full of Fair Trade goodies and a chance to win the grand prize!
Find Fair Trade Products:
There is a HUGE selection of Fair Trade products available online and in almost every retail outlet across the country.
Look For These Labels:
We recognize third party certification and verification systems because they hold businesses accountable to their commitments, and provide others with a voice. Learn more about Fair Trade organizations in the U.S. below.
Fair Trade USA:
Fair Trade Federation:
IMO – Fair for Life:
Win a Fair Trade Trip to South America with Global Exchange!
Global Exchange is an international human rights organization dedicated to promoting social, economic, and environmental justice around the world and has been a long time leader in the Fair Trade movement.
We are honored to have Global Exchange sponsor this year’s Fair Trade Photofest. Two winners of Best Overall Photo will have the opportunity to join a Global Exchange Reality Tour to Ecuador in July 2017! Join Global Exchange for eight days as we learn about the impact of Fair Trade on producers in Ecuador, learning first-hand from Fair Trade cocoa, tea and flower farmers.
Highlights of the trip will include:
- Visiting a Fair Trade cocoa farm, Coop Fortaleza del Valle
- Visiting a Fair Trade tea farm, Runa tea co-operative
- Visiting a Fair Trade flower farm, Agrocex
- Hearing first-hand how Fair Trade has benefited producers and their communities
- Spending time in Ecuador’s capital city, Quito, visiting museums and exploring the city
Global Exchange Reality Tours has a vision that meaningful, socially responsible travel can and does change the world. By offering experiential educational tours, Reality Tours has connected people to issues, issues to movements, and movements to social change.
These personal connections have crossed borders, empowered local communities, and made a difference in human lives.
*Airfare will be covered by Fair Trade Campaigns.
Win a Prize Pack full of Fair Trade Goodies!
- HAE Now
- Numi Tea
- Badger Balm
- High Brew
- Honestly pHresh
- Gallant International
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Glee Gum
- Harmless Harvest
- Alter Eco
- Back to the Roots
- Mayan Hands
- Barrie House Coffee
- Endangered Species Chocolate