National Conference: Registration & Program HighlightsFair Trade Towns & Universities National Conference Friday – Sunday, September 9 – 11, 2011 The Hub Conference Center, Philadelphia, PA
With the first ever Fair Trade Towns & Universities National Conference less than six weeks away, we are eager to let registrants know what they can expect to take home. The groundbreaking three-day event takes place in Philadelphia September 9-11, to equip steadfast campaign leaders and members, as well as those interested in leading campaigns, with a slew of resources, connections and energy to continue mobilizing the Fair Trade Movement in communities and campuses around the country. We have a limited number of vacancies left, and if you haven’t registered yet, now is the time!
What to Anticipate
The conference will kick off Friday evening with a symposium of 10 short, powerful speeches from an array of Fair Trade actors. Saturday & Sunday bring together Fair Trade USA and Fair Trade Federation business partners and staff, seasoned campaigners, representatives from organizations in the movement like Fair Trade Resource Network and Catholic Relief Services, as well as producers, to offer panel discussions, non-traditional break-out sessions and interactive workshops. Here are some of the featured topics and creative formats that lie ahead:
- Fair Trade Towns & Universities 101 – The basics on campaigns & criteria
- Social Media Workshops – Walk away with a facebook and Fair Trade Towns web page
- Fair Trade Systems & Products – Learn how Fair Trade works and what’s available
- Speed Dating with Fair Trade Companies & Organizations – Uncover the wealth of resources available
- Speaking Fair Trade Truth to Power – Enrolling decision makers in Fair Trade and your campaign
- Impact of Fair Trade – Stories from the source
- Fair Trade Town & University Round-table Discussions – I’m Declared, what next?
We hope that you join us for an exciting Fair Trade weekend, here’s how!
Made possible by Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, registration is FREE and includes dinner Friday night as well as breakfast and lunch Saturday and Sunday. Register here!
Reserve a Discounted Hotel Room
We have discounted rooms on block at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. Reserve a room online here or call 1-800-228-9290 and reference the Fair Trade Towns & Universities Conference. Rooms are available at the discounted rate of $109.00/night (this does not include tax), and a maximum of 4 people can occupy a room. As you consider your stipend please keep costs low and coordinate room shares.
You must log in to join the discussion. If you are not already a member registering is easy.