Free Reverse Trick-or-Treating Kits!
The goal of the campaign is for trick-or-treaters nationwide to distribute informational cards, each with a piece of Fair Trade chocolate, to as many households as possible. Last year we were able to reach over 200,000 households. This year we think we can, with your help, reach even more.
You don’t have to be trick-or-treating . . .
Understandably, you might not be sure how you can participate if you don’t have children, but here are a few ideas:
- Ask your friends or neighbors with children to participate in the program.
- Handout the mini’s on campus or in one of your classes.
- Go to the next town/city council meeting and hand them out. Mention the campaign and volunteer to organize a group in your community.
- Send them to the offices of your local media.
- Bring them to your local grocery store or supermarket. Ask customer service to give it to the person who buys chocolate.
- Hand them out at your own doorstep!
- Bring the chocolate to a PTO meeting.
How do I get my hands on these morsels of change?
The annual event is part of Global Exchange’s Fair Trade Cocoa Campaign and they are offering 1,000 Reverse Trick-or-Treating kits to individuals on a first come, first served basis so get your order in quickly! We will be taking orders now through October 7thth, 2011.
Each kit contains 15 mini chocolates, informational cards and an instruction leaflet. The kits are free; you only pay $7.50 for shipping and handling.
For more information and to place your order, please visit the website:
If you are a group, school or organization and wish to purchase a group kit, please visit Equal Exchange’s order page: