Fair Trade Your HalloweenPut a sweet twist on the bitter tradition this year by participating in Equal Exchange’s Fair Trade Your Halloween Campaign
Trick-or-treaters will hand Fair Trade chocolate back to adults, with informational cards attached, to explain the problems of the cocoa industry and how Fair Trade presents a solution. Through providing children with an opportunity to have their voice heard, hundreds of thousands of households in the US are getting the message that child labor and forced labor will not be tolerated by our kids.
Last year, Equal Exchange was able to reach over 200,000 households. With your help, this year we think we can reach even more.
You don’t have to be trick-or-treating . . .
Understandably, you might not be sure how you can participate if you don’t have children, but here are a few ideas:
· Ask your friends or neighbors with children to participate in the program.
· Handout the mini’s on campus or in one of your classes.
· Go to the next town/city council meeting and hand them out. Mention the campaign and volunteer to organize a group in your community.
· Send them to the offices of your local media.
· Bring them to your local grocery store or supermarket. Ask customer service to give it to the person who buys chocolate.
· Bring the chocolate to a PTO meeting.
· Hand them out at your own doorstep!
How do I get my hands on these morsels of change?
The annual event is part of Global Exchange’s Fair Trade Cocoa Campaign. This year, Global Exchange is selling Fair Trade Your Halloween Kits to make it easy for you to hand out organic, Fair Trade chocolates and spread the word about Fair Trade.
Each kit contains a box of 150 chocolate minis, which are available in dark and milk chocolate, and 150 illustrated informational cards. Each kit costs $24.00 (not including shipping and handeling). To place your order, please visit the website:
To learn more about the Fair Trade Your Halloween Campaign and discover more fun ways to take action this Halloween, visit: