WORLD FAIR TRADE DAY: Get Your Bake On!
Samples, Event Resources & Materials Coming Soon!
What better way to celebrate World Fair Trade Day than with deliciously baked goods! This year Fair Trade Campaigns encourages Towns, Schools, and Colleges & Universities to host bake sales, bake offs and study breaks to honor this global celebration.
Campaigns who host bake sales, bake offs or study breaks will be offered baking kits with free samples, as well as tools and materials to host successful events! Last year in North America around 100,000 people attended nearly 1,000 events to celebrate World Fair Trade Day.
When is World Fair Trade Day?
- World Fair Trade Day is on May 10th
- To participate in our program bake sales and bake offs can occur from April 20th- May 11th
How Does My Campaign Participate?
Plan a Bake-off, Bake Sale or Fair Trade Study Break in your community or on campus with recipes that include at least two Fair Trade ingredients. Over the next few weeks Fair Trade Campaigns will put together event kits to help with your planning and reveal how you can win a baking kit! Stay tuned!
What Resources will be Available?
- Bake Sale & Bake Off Event Kits provided by Fair Trade Campaigns (how to host and promote)
- 45 Baking Kits will be provided to Campaigns who can prove they are hosting bake sales or bake offs
- Social Media Samples Posts & Photos
- Impact Stories from Fair Trade USA, Fairtrade America, Fair Trade Federation and Fair for Life
- Tabling Resources from Fair Trade USA, Fairtrade America and Fair Trade Federation
Get your bake on!
You must log in to join the discussion. If you are not already a member registering is easy.
I would love kit!
318 N. Church St.
Rockford, IL 61101
We are hoping that 1 of our 4 plans come to fruition! Here’s our plan, since we don’t have date, place or time firm yet.
1. We are talking to Sur La Table’s chef Jude Affronti who is running the idea up his chain of command to see if we can include fair trade products in one of 3 classes that are already being offered that day.
2. We’re also waiting to hear from the Santa Rosa JC.
3. We are also considering using a room at the local high school since one of the steering committee members teaches there. We’d have bakers bring their tasty treats there to be judged by a panel of locals or steering committee members.
4. Finally, we may do a virtual bake off with prizes from Indigenous Designs and a basket of one fair trade goodie from each of the fair trade retailers who carry fair trade products in Santa Rosa.
address: Maria Lewytzkyj-Milligan, 5060 Charmian Dr, Santa Rosa, CA 95409
Here at Rollins College, we always have an event on Reading Day during Finals week to promote Fair Trade products! We would love a baking kit to mix up the Fair Trade items we promote! Plus, I love to bake with new recipes!!
1000 Holt Avenue – 2347
Winter Park, FL 32789