WORLD FAIR TRADE DAY: Get Your Bake On!
Samples, Event Resources & Materials Coming Soon!
What better way to celebrate World Fair Trade Day than with deliciously baked goods! This year Fair Trade Campaigns encourages Towns, Schools, and Colleges & Universities to host bake sales, bake offs and study breaks to honor this global celebration.
Campaigns who host bake sales, bake offs or study breaks will be offered baking kits with free samples, as well as tools and materials to host successful events! Last year in North America around 100,000 people attended nearly 1,000 events to celebrate World Fair Trade Day.
When is World Fair Trade Day?
- World Fair Trade Day is on May 10th
- To participate in our program bake sales and bake offs can occur from April 20th- May 11th
How Does My Campaign Participate?
Plan a Bake-off, Bake Sale or Fair Trade Study Break in your community or on campus with recipes that include at least two Fair Trade ingredients. Over the next few weeks Fair Trade Campaigns will put together event kits to help with your planning and reveal how you can win a baking kit! Stay tuned!
What Resources will be Available?
- Bake Sale & Bake Off Event Kits provided by Fair Trade Campaigns (how to host and promote)
- 45 Baking Kits will be provided to Campaigns who can prove they are hosting bake sales or bake offs
- Social Media Samples Posts & Photos
- Impact Stories from Fair Trade USA, Fairtrade America, Fair Trade Federation and Fair for Life
- Tabling Resources from Fair Trade USA, Fairtrade America and Fair Trade Federation
Get your bake on!