Back to School Photo Contest
Kick the year off with the Back to School Photo Contest – participating campaigns will receive FREE CHOCOLATE!
Last year we had over 3,000 students, faculty and staff participate – this year let’s aim for 5,000!
This Year’s Theme: Cocoa
While the cocoa industry generates $16 billion dollars each year, cocoa farmers annually earn $30 – 110 dollars. In addition, an estimated 1,817,278 children work in cocoa farms. Unfortunately less than 5% of cocoa purchased in the world is Fair Trade.
Fair Trade cocoa ensures producers can invest in their communities, earn fair wages, and protects children against exploitative labor. The potential for change exists – all that’s missing is education, awareness and a bit of determination!
How do I Participate?
It’s easy! When you find Fair Trade chocolate on campus, take a photo holding the green check mark sign (example below), post, and celebrate! When you find chocolate that isn’t Fair Trade, hold up the sign that has a big red “X”, take a photo and then post to social media.
For more details (Click Here) for our Cocoa Toolkit
Enter the Fair Trade Photo Contest
- Your Campaign has from August 25th – September 12th to submit photos to Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Take photos of students, faculty, and staff identifying chocolate around campus using the props. For a link to the props (Click Here)
- Use the hashtag #FairChocolate when posting to the social media sites.
- Caption photos with your Campaign name (for example: Penn State).
The campaign that captures the most people in their submitted photos will win:
- A Mega-Chocolate-Gift-Pack from Guittard Chocolate for your dream event!
Tips, Resources and FREE CHOCOLATE
Free Fair Trade Chocolate and Educational Materials
First come first serve to receive free chocolate while supplies last.
- Let Parker Townley know that your campaign is committed to participating in our Back to School event at: email@example.com
- Provide Parker with a date/address for when and where to send the chocolate event kit.
- For the Cocoa Toolkit (Click Here)
- For a Cocoa 101 sheet (Click Here)
- For a PowerPoint on basic cocoa information (Click Here)
- For Cocoa quick facts quarter sheets (Click Here)
Selfie Exchange: Incentivize your campus’ participation by offering to trade a piece of Fair Trade chocolate for photo evidence. Make sure they’re posing with the right prop and chocolate!
- Partner with existing events: Research what’s happening on campus and offer to help organize/boost attendance in exchange for incorporation into their event. Or prep and show up outside!
- Expand your Scope: Connect with and involve your favorite staff, faculty, administration, and food service providers to allow them an easy way to get involved with Fair Trade. This is a great way to begin building those important relationships!
- Set up in High-Traffic Areas: Set up a table with samples, a photo booth, and draw attention in a creative fashion
Share your plans to participate and receive FREE CHOCOLATE!
You must log in to join the discussion. If you are not already a member registering is easy.
[…] Join us for the Back to School Photo Contest from August 25th to September 12th. Thousands of students will be raising awareness about issues in […]
[…] of Campaigns participated in National Programs including Back-to-School, Fair Trade Month, Valentines Day and World Fair Trade […]