Fair Trade, Photos, and Prizes! Announcing Fair Trade Photofest 2016
Do you love Fair Trade products? Do you love travel? Do you share photos on social media? If your answer is yes, we have the perfect contest for you!
Fair Trade Photofest is a social media photo contest held throughout the entire month of October. This contest is not only an awesome way to promote the Fair Trade passion and commitment of people around the country, but it also gives YOU a chance to win amazing prizes! Through this program, we engage both supporters and advocates, as well as Fair Trade brands and partner organizations, in raising awareness about Fair Trade.
New to the Fair Trade movement? No problem! Photofest is open to anyone who wants to participate. Anyone who takes a photo with a Fair Trade product and shares it using the #FTCampaigns hashtag on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram will be entered in the contest for a chance to win. Win what, you ask? Find out below!
Win a Trip to South America!
The Grand Prize for this year’s Photofest is a trip to South America with Global Exchange! Global Exchange is an international human rights organization that hosts reality tours in different locations across the globe.
We teamed up with Global Exchange to send our 2015 Photofest winners to Mexico, and we loved it so much we’ve decided to do it again – this year heading further south for a trip to South America!
Find out more about the Grand Prize trip on the Photofest webpage.
How to Join the Fair Trade Fun
Submit your photos with the hashtag #FTCampaigns starting October 1. Show us how your favorite Fair Trade products fit into your daily life by sharing photos for any or all of our weekly themes. Submit a photo every week for more chances to win!
- Week 1 (October 1 – 7) – Fair Trade Cuties Find a cute kiddo or furry friend and snap a photo with your favorite Fair Trade product! (Examples: Photos with babies, pets, or other adorable creatures)
- Week 2 (October 8 – 14) – Where’s the Fair? Find Fair Trade products in your community, on your campus or your local store!
- Week 3 (October 15 – 21) – Fair Trade in Action Take your beloved Fair Trade product on an adventure. Head to yoga class or your favorite trail and snap a photo of what keeps you going! (Examples: Inspiring shots on the go such as hiking or yoga class)
- Week 4 (October 22 – 28) – Share the Fair Enjoy Fair Trade products in the company of others! (Examples: Group shots, campaigns in action, etc.)
Thank you to our partners!
The following companies were kind enough to donate to this year’s Photofest, which means each weekly winner will get Fair Trade goodies from everyone listed below. Much love to our sponsors for their generous donations, and their ongoing commitment to Fair Trade!
- Alter Eco A food company that uses Fair Trade ingredients in chocolate, and also sells Fair Trade quinoa and rice.
- Back to the Roots An “Undo Food” company that sources Fair Trade ingredients, such as cocoa.
- Badger Balm A healthy body care company that uses Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter in many of their personal care products.
- barkTHINS This snacking chocolate contains Fair Trade ingredients and no artificial colors or flavors.
- Ben & Jerry’s Fair Trade Ice Cream company that commits to sourcing Fair Trade ingredients. As of January 2015, all their pint, mini cup and scoop shop flavors are made with Fair Trade certified ingredients like sugar, cocoa, vanilla, coffee, and bananas.
- Gallant International The manufacturer and supplier of Organic Fair Trade Cotton and Jute bags.
- Glee Gum The world’s first Fair Trade chewing gum.
- HAE Now Fair Trade clothing company that sells organic and sustainable tees, totes, aprons, and more.
- Harmless Harvest A coconut water brand that produces Fair Trade Coconut Water, and Fair Trade Coffee Coconut Water.
- High Brew Cold-brew coffee company that brews with only 100 percent Fair Trade Arabica coffee beans.
- Honestly pHresh A body wash and deodorant company that uses Fair Trade ingredients.
- Mayan Hands A Fair Trade organization of Guatemalan women who create and design artisan goods.
- Numi Tea Fair Trade tea brand with more than half of their blends (and 80 percent of the raw ingredients they purchase) bearing the Fair Trade Certified label.
- PACT Fair Trade apparel line that commits to selling organic cotton to reduce environmental impact and improve the lives of farmers.
- UNREAL Candy company committed to sourcing 100 percent Fair Trade chocolate, including the cacao, cocoa butter and cane sugar in the chocolate.
Photofest 2015 Highlights
We had so much fun with this contest last year, and loved seeing so many of your amazing photos.
Building on the amazing results from last year’s contest, we’re excited to have even more people to join in on the fun this year! Here are some of the key takeaways from Photofest 2015:
- Two Million+ impressions on Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- 1000+ posts with the hashtag #FTCampaigns
- Hundreds of photo entries
- 20,000+ visits to Fair Trade Campaigns Website
You guys knocked it out of the park! Thank you for your support, Fair Trade champions.
Visit the Photofest webpage for more information about 2016 Fair Trade Photofest.
We can’t wait to see your photos!
You must log in to join the discussion. If you are not already a member registering is easy.