Fair Trade Finals – Fall 2018
Here’s your chance to get some great, free materials for that final
Fair Trade event of the semester.
Donations from a few generous Fair Trade partners make it possible for us to support campaigns hosting a Fair Trade study break or other event during Finals Week.
Participate with four easy steps:
1. Sign up. Fill out the Registration Form to sign up for the program. Deadline: November 12.
2. Register your event. Add your event to your campaign page so we can see what you’re planning.
3. Host your event! Don’t forget to take photos and share on social with #FTCampaigns and tag @FTCampaigns.
4. Report back. After your event, fill out the event report form to tell us about your event.
Here’s what you’ll receive in your event kit:
- Fair Trade Coffee from Metropolis Coffee Company
- Fair Trade Tea from Friendship Organics
- Fair Trade Chocolate from Tony’s Chocolonely
- Fair Trade Dried Bananas from Sol Simple
- Fair Trade Artisan Goods
- 101 fact sheets on Coffee, Tea, Cocoa and Bananas
- Stickers, pins and other fun and educational Fair Trade materials
Want more fact sheets? Find our full list of 101 guides here.
Not sure how to Fair Trade Your Finals? Here are a few ideas to help get the ball rolling.
1. Table with Fair Trade products
Give your classmates that extra boost as they head into or out of the library! Set up a table to sample Fair Trade products from your event kit and educate your classmates with fact sheets, stickers and other materials.
You can also create your own materials to highlight what you have accomplished this semester and are looking to achieve in the next. Use this as an opportunity to get the word out about your campaign and recruit new members.
See how Villanova University fueled up for finals in this one-pager, including how to prepare, advertise and execute an event.
2. Work with Dining
Team up with dining services to help reach a larger audience. Does your dining hall already organize study breaks, midnight breakfasts or other special events during finals week? Find out how you can add Fair Trade to those existing events, through signage, tabling or other activities.
If campus dining doesn’t have any events planned, offer to organize something together or ask if they can support your tabling event by providing extra Fair Trade coffee and tea.
Not sure how to get started? Check out this helpful resource: A Guide to Working with Dining Services on Your Campus.
3. Partner with an Existing Event
In the lead up to finals week, numerous groups on campus will be hosting events to prepare students and staff. Gauge the landscape and offer to ‘Fair Trade’ another group’s event!
Reach out to other clubs and departments to see if you can set up, sample and promote Fair Trade and availability on campus to a new audience. Don’t forget to follow up afterwards and continue building the partnership!
4. Hold a Raffle
Use items from your event kit as prizes for a raffle. Holding a raffle at your event can help draw more attendees, and gives you an opportunity to collect emails or grow your group’s social media following.
Remember: Sign-up by Monday, November 12 on our Registration Form.
Space is limited, sign up early!
Event kits will be mailed on Monday, November 19.
If you’re hosting your event sooner, please let us know so we can get your event kit to you in time.
Questions? Drop us a line at email@example.com.
Thank you to our program sponsors!
|Metropolis Coffee Company||Friendship Organics||Sol Simple|