Fair Trade Finals – Spring 2019
Here’s your chance to get some great, free materials for that final
Fair Trade event of the spring semester!
Donations from a few generous Fair Trade partners make it possible for us to support campaigns hosting a Fair Trade study break or other event during Finals Week.
Participate with four easy steps:
- Sign up. Fill out the Registration Form to sign up for the program. Deadline: April 5.
- Register your event. Add your event to the events page on our website.
- Host your event! Post about your event on social media using the hashtag #FTCampaigns.
- Report-back about your event by filling out the Event Report Back Form.
Here’s what you’ll receive in your event kit:
- Fair Trade Coffee from ecogrounds
- Fair Trade Chocolate from Chuao Chocolatier
- Fair Trade Tea from Friendship Organics
- Fair Trade zippered pouch from Faire.Shop
- Fair Trade lip balm from Zambeezi
- Coffee, Tea, Cocoa and Fair Trade 101 fact-sheets
- Stickers, pins and other fun and educational Fair Trade materials
Want more fact sheets? Find our full list of 101 guides here.
Not sure how to Fair Trade Your Finals? Here are a few ideas to help get the ball rolling.
1. Table with Fair Trade products
Give your classmates that extra boost as they head into or out of the library! Set up a table to sample Fair Trade products from your event kit and educate your classmates with fact sheets, stickers and other materials.
You can also create your own materials to highlight what you have accomplished this semester and are looking to achieve in the next. Use this as an opportunity to get the word out about your campaign and recruit new members.
See how Villanova University fueled up for finals in this one-pager, including how to prepare, advertise and execute an event.
2. Work with Dining
Team up with dining services to help reach a larger audience. Does your dining hall already organize study breaks, midnight breakfasts or other special events during finals week? Find out how you can add Fair Trade to those existing events, through signage, tabling or other activities.
If campus dining doesn’t have any events planned, offer to organize something together or ask if they can support your tabling event by providing extra Fair Trade coffee and tea.
Not sure how to get started? Check out this helpful resource: A Guide to Working with Dining Services on Your Campus.
3. Partner with an Existing Event
In the lead up to finals week, numerous groups on campus will be hosting events to prepare students and staff. Gauge the landscape and offer to ‘Fair Trade’ another group’s event!
Reach out to other clubs and departments to see if you can set up, sample and promote Fair Trade and availability on campus to a new audience. Don’t forget to follow up afterwards and continue building the partnership!
4. Hold a Raffle
Use items from your event kit as prizes for a raffle. Holding a raffle at your event can help draw more attendees, and gives you an opportunity to collect emails or grow your group’s social media following.
Remember: Sign-up by Friday, April 5 on our Registration Form.
Space is limited, sign up early!
Event kits will be mailed on Monday, April 15.
If you’re hosting your event sooner, please let us know so we can get your event kit to you in time.
Questions? Drop us a line at email@example.com.