December/January Fair Trade Achievements: Campaigns Keep Their Cool This Winter
Even the winter holidays couldn’t slow down our campaigners! Let’s take a moment to honor their hard work…
Campaign Badges and Declarations
11 Badges Earned!
3. St. Paul’s Lutheran Church of Teaneck, NJ – Commit to Purchase Fair Trade Products When They Are Available and Incorporate Fair Trade Education into Your Social Teaching and Include Fair Trade in Events
5. Sacred Heart Parish, IL – Incorporate Fair Trade Education into Your Social Teaching
7. Fairfield University, CT – Build Your Team
8. Cleveland Heights, OH- Reach out to Retailers
9. Altadena, CA – Get Some Love from the Media
10. Fair Trade Fordham University, NY – Reach out to Campus Outlets
Campaigns in the News:
John Carroll University Wins Extensive Fair Trade Advocacy Battle
“’It’s vital that we choose companies that treat their employees with the respect that humans deserve…’”
Catholic Universities Lead the Way
“Catholic colleges and universities are leading a growing trend of fair trade involvement in the U.S.”
Make Your Food Fair!
The L.A. Times recently published “Product of Mexico,” a four-part documentary investigating workers’ living conditions at farms that supply produce to many American retailers. The reporters discovered that workers’ dwellings were often substandard and food, ironically, scarce. Advocating for more Fair Trade products will improve farmworkers’ lives – and you can help!
Read more about getting involved.