UNIVERSITY TIP #2: REACH OUT TO CAMPUS OUTLETS
Goal #2 focuses on increasing Fair Trade availability on campus. To reach this goal you will need to:
- Ensure a minimum of two Fair Trade products are available in all campus-owned & operated venues as well as in service contracts where possible,
|Food Service Buy In||
Guidelines to a successful dining manager relationship:
- Reach Out. Make the effort to start the relationship. Your manager might not know abut Fair Trade yet.
- Logistics. Plan a time to meet in a fun and professional atmosphere.
- Treats. Bring an example of a Fair Trade product that could be featured in your dining hall. Who could resist a fair trade chocolate bar?!
- Preparation. Come with materials to talk about the principles of Fair Trade and how you plan to integrate them on campus.
- Support. Make an effort to connect dining managers to Fair Trade Campaigns. We have experts that are happy to talk with managers to brainstorm new ideas or troubleshoot problems.
Stay updated by heading to the forum for tips on each of the 5 Goals!