Three Ways to Fair Trade Your Valentine’s Day
This Valentine’s Day, Share the Fair Trade Love & Support Farmers and Artisans Around the World!
We’ve put together a few great ideas on how you can Fair Trade your Valentine’s Day by buying Fair Trade products, learning about Fair Trade, spreading the word and taking action!
1. Buy Fair Trade
Show that special someone how much you care by treating them to these ethically produced, Fair Trade indulgences!
- Stop and smell these beautiful, Fair Trade roses from One World Flowers, Inc, Flowerlink, and 1800flowers.com this Valentines Day. With hundreds of varieties and colors, you are sure to find the perfect bouquet for your love and you will be helping to support small farmers around the globe! You can also pick up some breathtaking Fair Trade bouquets at retailers like Whole Foods Market, New Seasons Market, Bristol Farms and Stop & Shop.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with delicious Fair Trade Chocolate that make a difference in the lives of cocoa farmers! Alter Eco Chocolate, Divine Chocolate, TCHO Chocolates and Green & Black’s have all of the Fair Trade Chocolate you could dream of. Take care of those decadent cravings with these delicious chocolate treats!
- Get ready to kiss your sweetheart with organic, cruelty-free and Fair Trade lip balm by Lasting Smiles. Available at your local Target store and online, these lip balms are made with sustainable and ethically sourced ingredients. And even better, Lasting Smiles helps transform kids’ lives forever. For every 1,000 sold, they donate a cleft lip and palate surgery to a child living in an area where the brand’s ingredients are sourced. Follow @lastingsmilescare on Instagram to share more of their inspiring story.
- And for those of you who love tea, don’t forget about Twinnings, Honest Tea & Numi Tea — all offer delicious Fair Trade Teas to start your day off right!
- Last but not least – if it’s ice-cream you crave, you can’t go wrong with a pint of Ben & Jerry’s ice-cream made with Fair Trade ingredients!
2. Educate Your Friends & Loved Ones About Fair Trade
Learn more about the Fair Trade movement and spread the word about the positive impacts that Fair Trade has on small farmers and artisans all over the world with these educational one pagers:
- Cocoa 101
- Fair Trade V. Free Trade
- Fair Trade Principles
- Product List
- Child labor in the cocoa industry
3. Take Action!
Support Fair Trade this Valentine’s Day AND WIN Fair Trade goodies – here’s how:
- Follow us on Facebook & Instagram to participate in our Valentine’s GIVEAWAY Feb 9th – 12th! Comment on one of our posts, share how you plan to Fair Trade your Valentine’s Day and get entered into a raffle to WIN Fair Trade goodies like Lasting Smiles lip balm, Numi Tea, Divine Chocolate, a tote bag and MORE.
- Check out Fair Trade America’s ‘5 Valentine’s Day Tips for Wayward Lovers’
- Share this article by Fair Trade USA about child labor in the cocoa industry
- Host a Valentine’s Day event on your campus or in your community
- Bake with Fair Trade ingredients—check out these Valentine’s Day recipes from Wholesome Sweeteners!
- Buy Fair Trade Valentine’s Day gifts
Happy Valentine’s Day, Fair Traders!
You must log in to join the discussion. If you are not already a member registering is easy.
Don’t forget the many artisans whose work is also part of the fair trade world. Check out the many things offered by members of the Fair Trade Federation. tenthousandvillages.com , mayanhands.org , and serrv.org are a few, or look for your local fair trade store.